Bus accidents in the maritime city of Long Beach occur from an assortment of causes or actions that can result in injuries, and the injured victim will require those Long Beach bus accident attorneys that have experience and resources. There are common causes of bus accidents; they include negligence and improper vehicle maintenance.
After being involved in a calamity that results in bodily or mental injuries, it is important to speak with experienced counsel. There are many types of buses that frequent this great city, including party buses, tour and municipally run bus lines. Ehline Law has the skill and drive to build your case, get you results and keep you apprised of the goings on in your case.
Bus Driver Negligence Issues
Operating a bus on the city streets of Long Beach that often have traffic congestion, or on the twisting mountain roads can be hazardous, when the bus driver is not completely focused and alert. The bus driver when not a alert, can make serious errors and put the passengers at risk. These mistakes or driver error can include traveling over the speed limit and driving aggressively in inclement weather. After a bus accident the Long Beach bus accident attorneys will do a complete investigation of the crash on behalf of the injured victim that will determine if negligence played a role.
- Unsafe Lane Changes by the Long Beach Transit System Bus Driver: During a scheduled route the bus pulls over to the right of the road to pickup and discharge passengers. When the bus driver does not check the oncoming traffic it can result in a bus accident.
- Bus Drivers that are Distracted: The distracted bus driver puts the passengers at risk, since the risk of a bus accident dramatically increases. The distracted bus driver could be changing the radio, eating, and texting or talking on a cell phone, which means they are not focused on the road and the traffic.
- Driver Fatigue: The law requires commercial drivers to keep log records, which include the amount of sleep they have had and the amount of hours they are on the road. This log can be falsified in some cases, which means the driver is attempting to meet impractical schedules. The bus driver that is fatigued increases the risk of a bus accident and is negligent for them to be on the road. The bus accident due to a fatigued driver could mean that the bus company or owner can be held accountable.
- Going Over the Speed Limit: The bus driver that is over the speed limit will have a difficult time braking and making turns. Speeding raises the risk of being involved in a bus accident.
- Driving Under the Influence: When a bus driver is under the influence they put the passengers at risk to be injured and they can be held liable for operating the bus while under the influence. Bus companies or bus owners can be held liable for the actions of the driver that was hired with a driving history that includes DUI offenses.
Maintenance and Defective Bus Parts
There are bus accidents when the driver loses control of the bus and this is when it is crucial for the cause to be determined. There are cases where improper maintenance, defective steering, defective brakes or defective engine parts are the cause. The Long Beach mischance requires counsel who will conduct investigations in order to ensure that the responsible or liable parties are held responsible for their actions or non actions that led to or contributed to the bus tragedy.
- bus company or bus owner
- company responsible for mechanisms
- mechanic or car repair shop
- bus manufacturer of a poor or defective design
- defective parts manufacturer
There are bus accidents that are caused by the careless or reckless driver of another motor vehicle that the bus driver cannot maneuver around. This is the driver that might have run a red light, is speeding, distracted or that may be under the influence. The driver of the motor vehicle that causes a bus accident can be held responsible and in some cases the bus company or owner’s insurance company can also be held liable.
When you have been involved in a commercial or even a city bus incident, it is important to speak with an experienced legal eagle immediately. The law limits the amount of time to file a bus accident injury claim, and the bus company(ies), and the insurance company, will sometimes have a team of “thieves with suits on,” representing their interests. In cases where there are disputed claims, our attorneys possess the litigation skills help to recover the maximum amount of compensation under the law.
Our more than viable representatives at Ehline Law Firm PC, focus on the client recovering the compensation they deserve for the injuries, damages and losses that they have suffered. For a free, no-obligation review, we can be reached toll-free at 888-400-9721.