The civil rights attorneys at Ehline Law Firm PC has multiple locations throughout Los Angeles county. Government abuse is no stranger to Greater L.A. We have all heard of the Rodney King case. But there are other cases like patrol cops depriving you of your lawfully held gun magazines. There are daily cases of government employees depriving us of our unalienable rights.
As citizens of a free country and free state you have some rights that cannot be breached or taken away by any authority. If you haven’t done something wrong, even the protectors of law have no right to put you in any trouble or cause you distress in any way.
These are your civil rights. They act as a thick protecting wall. You need this when a law enforcement agency, representative or government employed officer tries to cross the boundaries. When he abused his bestowed power he harms you with his conduct. This is not allowed. If it is done, you have a full right to fight against it.
Ehline Law Firm PC Is Your True Protector
People are not bad. Only bad people are bad. Similarly, police officers are not bad, only bad police officers are bad. However, when a law enforcement officer is transgressing his boundaries and becoming harmful for the citizens, Ehline Law Firm PC lawyers are there for protection.
Our experienced attorneys know how to face these scenarios and provide you the protection you need. We fight for justice, we fight for civil rights and above all, we fight for you. With a Ehline Law Firm lawyer standing by you, there is no chance for anyone to harm you.
What Are Your Civil Rights?
First, it is very important that you do some research and study to know your rights. Only by knowing your rights will you be able to identify the culprits who are taking advantage of your rights. Law enforcement institutions, such as the Police, are meant to protect you.
The constitution of the country gives the citizens of the US some rights. These rights must be implemented, catered to and respected by every other citizen, government official and soul living within the country. A break of civil rights takes place when a police officer goes beyond the limits set by the constitution to harm a citizen or affects the rights of the citizen in some other way. The many ways your civil rights can be affected are given below.
Many Ways Your Civil Rights Can Be Violated
As mentioned above, you must know your civil rights to know the instances when they are being violated. Furthermore, it is extremely important that you contact an experienced attorney from Ehline Law when something of this sort has taken place with your or your loved one rather than acting under your emotions and taking a wrong step.
- Violation Of Due Process – It happens when the police officers step ahead of the lines drawn by civil rights and that are protecting the police from taking certain steps. If the police has got into your house without your permission and without a warrant, they have violated your civil rights.
- Forced Confessions – Sometimes the police will use force to make an individual admit to a crime that he has not committed. Under the pressure and due to beating and torture the individual can end up confessing to what he hasn’t done.
- False Arrest – Sometimes, police officers can put a person behind bars despite having no evidence or very little evidence of the actual event.
- Wrongful Death – Police brutality can result in wrongful death of the person as well. Even if the person was violent in his conduct, the police do not have the right to torture the person to death.
- Unlawful Seizure – Your property cannot be seized unless the police officer has the warrant to do so. No matter what the situation, if something that belongs to you has been seized without a warrant, it is a violation of your civil right.
- Abuse With Taser – Tasers are given to police officers to tackle situations where an individual is showing lack of cooperation and is behaving violently. However, at times the police officers might use it unnecessarily.
- Failure of Intervention – A citizen is being harmed and the police officer is present at the scene and he doesn’t intervene to protect the citizen. This is a direct violation of the oath of the police officer and violation of civil rights too.
- False Shootouts – Some police shootouts may start as a result of wrong interpretation and judgment of a situation. Such shooting can result in harming an innocent citizen or even take his life.
Similarly, there are many other instances where a police officer might deal with a situation or a citizen in a way that he’s not allowed to by law. Tapping into phones and making videos without a person’s permission is also a violation of his civil rights and needs compensation.
What Are You Entitled To?
You are entitled to receive a full compensation of all the damage and harm done to you by the protector of the law. Like tort cases, you will receive the compensation for physical, bodily, financial and property damages. Present and future damages are also considered when compensation is being obtained. Here’s what you are entitled to:
- Compensation for expenses you had to make on your medical care, treatment, nursing and stay.
- Compensation for the damages done to your property.
- Compensation for the income and wages you have lost due to injuries or false imprisonment.
- Loss of consortium and other social discrimination you might face due to false imprisonment.
- Suffering and pain that you have gone through as a result of the torture and brutality from the police.
- Compensation for emotional distress that came with false arrest, violation of property rights or unnecessary torture.
- Loss of capacity of earning in future.
Getting in touch with only an experienced and sharp minded lawyer can guarantee that you will receive all these compensations.
Ehline Law Firm PC At Your Service
Ehline Law Firm PC is proud to have some of the most brave and undaunted attorneys on its team. These individuals have seen real battles as part of the US Military and they are not afraid of any entities and circumstances. These individuals, in addition to providing full protection of your rights, can be a great moral support for you as they stand by your side. Contact Ehline Law today and make sure your rights are not violated – today, tomorrow and never. Call now at 888.400.9721.
Ehline Law Firm PC
By appointment only.
Michael Ehline – firstname.lastname@example.org